As you prepare your taxes, here are answers to frequently asked questions about tax documents from your investment accounts.
When should I expect to receive my tax documents?
This varies by account type:
- January 31 for IRAs, 401(k)s and other Retirement Accounts – you’ll only receive a tax form if you had a conversion or distribution in the tax year.
- January 31– March 31 for brokerage, trust and other non-retirement accounts.
How do I access my tax documents?
If you receive paperless statements, you will receive an email from the custodian when your statement is available online. If you receive paper statements, you will receive the statement by mail.
Not registered online? Set up access to your statements with our most common custodians by following the instructions below.
- Click here
- Click ‘Register Now’ and follow the prompts.
- Click here
- Enter first 3 characters of your account number
- Review and agree to terms and conditions
- Provide name, social security number, account number, mailing address
- Identity Verification – security questions to verify your identity
- Create a User ID, secure password, and provide valid e-mail address
- Confirmation – an email to confirm registration will arrive within 15 minutes
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help!
The “Alterra” name was coined by joining the Latin roots “alter”, the origin of the word “altruism” with “terra” meaning earth or land. This name reflects the company philosophy of “clients before profits” and providing firmly grounded advice.