As you prepare your taxes, here’s when you should expect your tax statements, which vary based on the type of account.
|Account Type||Expected Date|
Retirement Accounts (IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, 401(k))
Note: you will only receive a statement if you had distributions or conversions last year
|Non-retirement Accounts (Individual, Joint, Trust, etc.)||
February 16 – March 16
Note: late March if revisions are needed
If you have elected paperless statements, you will receive an email from the custodian when your statement is available. At that time, you can log into the custodian website to print or save your tax form. If you have not elected paperless delivery, you will receive the statement by mail.
To setup online access to your statements, you can register for access by following the instructions below for our most common custodians.
- Click here
- Click on ‘Register Now’ and follow the prompts.
- Click here
- Enter first 3 characters of account number
- Review and Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Provide basic information – Name, Social Security Number, Account Number, Mailing Address
- Identity Verification- Three security questions are asked to help verify investor’s identity
- You will need to create a User ID, secure password and provide valid e-mail address
- Confirmation- An e-mail will be generated to investor within 15 minutes to confirm registration
If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out at 425-749-3300 and we’ll be happy to help!
The “Alterra” name was coined by joining the Latin roots “alter”, the origin of the word “altruism” with “terra” meaning earth or land. This name reflects the company philosophy of “clients before profits” and providing firmly grounded advice.