Alterra Advisors is looking for a true ‘A’ player to join our team for an internship. This role will be a great opportunity for an individual who willing to learn and has an interest in the financial planning and wealth management industry. Through this internship, you will gain exposure to the inner workings of Alterra as we pursue our vision to be one of the most well-respected advanced financial planning firms in the area.
The internship will be a hands-on role supporting in various capacities in the client care, operations, and advising departments within the firm, designed to give you a good overview of the firm to help you discover your areas of strength and interests. Our team members are highly valued and supported in their growth and development. And, above all, Alterra exudes our people-first values.
Interested candidates must be able to articulate their capabilities and be able and willing to commit to a regular schedule of 10 hours per week at our office in downtown Bellevue. College credit may be earned, and you will receive excellent business experience and personal growth opportunities. In addition to college credit, the position will be compensated at a rate of $12/ hour with an opportunity for project bonuses on exceptional work. You should be willing to commit to a 6-month minimum term, with the potential for longer term opportunities.
• High degree of integrity, character
• High attention to detail
• Well-organized and able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Self-motivated and committed to growth and learning
• Passion for Finance industry
• Junior or Senior level in college ideal, not required
Sample of projects/duties you will be learning and assisting our team with:
• Developing and monitoring client financial plans
• Client database management
• Data entry and financial modeling
• Observing advising meetings with clients
Compensation: $12 per hour
Employment Type: part-time internship
To apply, please click here:
The “Alterra” name was coined by joining the Latin roots “alter”, the origin of the word “altruism” with “terra” meaning earth or land. This name reflects the company philosophy of “clients before profits” and providing firmly grounded advice.