Your JourneyKnowing you have the resources to live the rest of your life is real wealth
Your Path Forward
Financial Planning starts with listening. Because, no one knows your needs and goals better than you. At Alterra Advisors, we ask questions to get to know you. Only then can we build a plan that will guide your vision and fulfill your goals. Creating that roadmap is then a step-by-step process that can only be accomplished through ongoing collaboration.
We’ll act as your fiduciary guide to map out measurable milestones and financial strategies to mitigate risk, grow and preserve capital, manage taxes or create your legacy — depending where you are on your path. Once we have your plan in place, we implement everything for you, so you can devote your time wherever it’s most valuable.
Step 1: Getting to Know You
We really do want to get acquainted first. No obligations, just meet and chat. Wealth management is a personal relationship, so before we formally partner together to start building your plan, we want to be sure that we hit it off and that you’re comfortable with us. Here’s what to expect when you meet with Alterra Advisors:
- Discussion about life, goals and dreams
- Explanation of the financial planning process
- Walk through of a sample financial plan
- Q&A session to address questions
- List of documents to share if you choose to continue
Step 2: Establish Your Goals
We need to understand what you want to achieve, what your needs are now, and your dreams for the future. With the help of your financial records, this is a discussion about how Alterra Advisors can help you achieve your financial goals and life’s dreams. Here’s what we’ll discuss:
- Your current financial landscape
- Your financial goals (short, medium and long-term)
- Your retirement dream and legacy plans
- The resources you’ll need to reach your goal
- Sample strategies to accumulate these resources
Step 3: Creating Your Roadmap
Following our initial meetings, the next step is for several members of the Alterra Advisors team to roll up our sleeves and craft a plan that suits your individual needs and goals. Then, in the next meeting, we walk you through your plan and gather feedback for adjustments. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Outline your available options and investment strategies
- Clarify particulars to help you reach your goals or modify your needs
- Define the risks and discuss the kinds of events that can delay your success
- Outline the steps we recommend you take going forward
- Walk through your financial roadmap together and make adjustments
Step 4: Guiding the Way
Wealth management is a long-term relationship. Once we have a plan in place, we are with you every step of the way. And Alterra Advisors will continue to review and revise the plan with you to fine tune the strategies as we go. Here’s what you can expect going forward:
- Establish measurable milestones along the path forward
- Discussion of your cash flow and resources that will be applied
- Recommend continued investment strategies as conditions change
- Evaluate and implement insurance strategies to mitigate risks
- Set up regular discussions to update your plan and ensure you stay on track
Keeping You Informed
In addition to our regular plan reviews together, you’ll also have immediate access to view your accounts through our client portal and mobile app. That way, you can monitor all your finances with a single login. And, we encourage you to reach out anytime you have a question. We’re always here for you and you’re never on the clock.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
— Winston Churchill
People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about.
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
—Henry David Thoreau
The greatest wealth is to live content.
It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.