We are looking for a true ‘A’ player to join our team as a Financial Advisor Associate. This role is a designed for the individual who thrives in serving people and is committed to developing a financial planning savvy alongside a team of experienced advisors. Our team members are highly valued, supported in their growth and development and compensated more than competitively. And, above all, Alterra exudes our people-first values.
We’re looking for a highly organized, people centered, proficient advisor.
If you want your daily work to have a significant positive impact on people’s lives…
If you want to work on a team with other passionate, high-performing and talented people…
If you want an opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and grow your career…
If you are looking for something fun, fast paced and meaningful…
Then you have found your dream position!
Alterra Advisors is hiring a Financial Advisor Associate to deliver the daily ‘Wow’ to our valued clients through effective financial planning and wealth management. Developing financial plans, coordinating implementation of strategies, and providing ongoing advising services; you’re an integral part of delivering the 5-Star experience we strive for every day. Success in this position is imperative to achieving Alterra’s mission of being a leading wealth management firm in the Pacific Northwest.
You’ll be the ultimate person to ensure our clients are receiving high quality advising and planning service. In collaboration with a Lead Advisor, you’ll meet with clients to understand their unique situation and desired outcomes, and design creative planning strategies. You’ll then take the lead on the implementation of financial plan items, and wealth management services throughout the year.
You are the Rockstar we are looking for if you are a super people person with positive charm, resourceful, enjoy working in fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have highly detailed, organizational and problem-solving skills, and can manage tasks efficiently and effectively in collaboration with a team.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in the financial advising field ideal
- Series 66, 7, and insurance licenses will be required, preferably already in place
- Hands-on experience with comprehensive financial planning, life insurance design, and investments are a plus
- Positive, friendly and good-humored personality
- Mature, wise, poised and polished professional with attitude of service
- Excellence and world-class quality work is the only acceptable standard
- Natural high attention to detail, processes, and efficient work
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, and general internet savvy
- Excellent verbal, written and editing skills
- Residence within reasonable commute to downtown Bellevue is a must
Full time position, starting at 40 hours a week, 8-5 PM.
Compensation: BETTER than competitive.
Must satisfy background check.
The “Alterra” name was coined by joining the Latin roots “alter”, the origin of the word “altruism” with “terra” meaning earth or land. This name reflects the company philosophy of “clients before profits” and providing firmly grounded advice.