CareersDo you see yourself as a guide? Join the team!
Wanted: Highly organized, people-centered, finance enthusiast
Location: Downtown Bellevue, Washington
We’re looking for a true ‘A’ player to join our team as a Planning Associate. This entry role is designed for the individual who is looking for a great beginning to their financial advising career. One who thrives in serving people, is dedicated to learning, and is committed to developing financial planning savvy alongside a team of experienced advisors. Our team members are highly valued, supported in their growth and development and compensated more than competitively. And, above all, Alterra exudes our people-first values.
- If you want your daily work to have a significant and positive impact on people’s lives…
- If you want a firm who invests to help you learn, develop, and grow your career…
- If you want a firm who delivers the training and mentoring necessary to be successful…
- If you want a firm with a proven career track…
- If you want to work on a team with other passionate, high-performing, and talented people…
- If you’re looking for something fun, fast paced and meaningful…
- Then you’ve found your dream position!
Alterra Advisors is hiring a Planning Associate to deliver the daily “wow” to our valued clients through effective financial planning and wealth management. As you work with our advisors to develop financial plans, assist with implementation of strategies, and ongoing advising services, you’ll be an integral part of delivering the 5-star experience we strive for every day. Success in this position is imperative to achieving Alterra’s mission of being a leading wealth management firm in the Pacific Northwest.
You’ll be indoctrinated from day one into the world of advanced financial planning and wealth management for people with complex finances to create the maximum impact for their family, business, and their charities. You will be challenged not only to fulfill your role supporting the advising team, but to learn all it takes to be an effective financial advisor to this unique clientele. Our mutual goal is to give you the resources and opportunities to progress your career track to eventually become a lead advisor and beyond at Alterra.
You are the Rockstar we’re looking for if you’re a super people person with positive charm, resourceful, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have highly detailed, organizational and problem-solving skills, and can manage tasks efficiently and effectively in collaboration with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- College studies preferably in finance, economics, or business related
- Completion of the CFP® education coursework a bonus, not required
Key expectations & skills
- Positive, friendly and good-humored personality
- Mature, wise, poised and polished professional with an attitude of service
- Excellent and world-class quality work is the only acceptable standard
- Works efficiently with a naturally high attention to detail and processes
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, and generally internet savvy
- Excellent verbal, written and editing skills
- Residence within a reasonable commute to downtown Bellevue is a must
Full time position, hybrid remote schedule between office and home, with great flexibility within the role.
Compensation: BETTER than competitive.
Must satisfy background check.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
— Winston Churchill
People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about.
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
—Henry David Thoreau
The greatest wealth is to live content.
It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.