Are We a Fit?
Our View on Wealth
Wealth is a tool to enjoy life, provide for loved ones, and impact causes you care about. We work together to integrate this throughout your plan, beginning with Plan Design and continuing in Ongoing Planning and Wealth Management. Whatever your needs and goals, our team can help you plan for success.
The Alterra Process
Step 1 — Creating a Roadmap
In Plan Design, we learn about you, your current financial landscape, and what you want to achieve. In 3-5 collaborative meetings, we’ll set goals, assess risk, and build a customized plan – a roadmap for your journey. The Alterra planning process is designed to make complex decisions simple. Here’s what we’ll cover together:
- Establish your goals and expectations. Based on what you want to achieve, discover if we’re a good fit.
- Determine your progress. If you keep doing what you’re doing, find out if you will reach your goal.
- Evaluate your options. See the impact of strategies you can use to fill gaps in your plan.
- Finalize your action plan with confidence. Collaborate with us to select the best strategies to reach your goals.
Once you approve your action plan, our Alterra team will coordinate everything you need to put your plan in motion.
Step 2 — Guiding the Way
Plan Implementation & Wealth Management
Once we have a plan in place, we are with you every step of the way. Our team will review and revise the plan with you to fine tune the strategies as we go. Here’s what to expect going forward:
- Discussions at least annually scheduled to update your plan and ensure you stay on track
- Establish measurable milestones along the path forward
- Recommend continued investment, tax, risk management, and estate strategies as conditions change
- Have a question between reviews? We’re here when you need us and you’re never on the clock!
Want more details? Visit Your Journey to learn more.
The Alterra Promise
We know it’s hard to decide who to trust. You’re not sure that you’ll like the plan we build. We understand and, though we know our process works, you don’t…yet. So, we’ll take that risk for you.
If you aren’t 100% satisfied with the results of your Step 1 Plan Design, we’ll waive your entire fee and you can walk away, no strings attached.
Price & Payment Terms
Your fee for initial Plan Design is based on your needs, generally ranging from $3,500 – $15,000. Here’s our commitment to you:
- Your plan is focused on your agenda and your fee is based the scope of services most important to you.
- Your fee is fixed and agreed on in advance. If we spend more time than initially expected, it’s on us.
- You don’t pay until you’re 100% satisfied with your plan in hand – the Alterra Promise.
Thrilled with your plan and ready to get started? Our team is with you every step of the way! Your ongoing planning and wealth management are all paid for by a graduated annual fee based on the value of investments we manage.
|1.00%||on the first $1,000,000|
|0.75%||on the next $1,000,000|
|0.50%||on the next $1,000,000|
|$20,000,000+ inquire, determined by services provided|
Your comprehensive plan may require additional tax, legal, insurance, or investment services. We’ll discuss these costs during strategy evaluation before implementation.
Let’s start a conversation.
New client openings are limited. Ready to take the first step?
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
— Winston Churchill
People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about.
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
—Henry David Thoreau
The greatest wealth is to live content.
It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.